Sunday, January 20, 2013

Writing Utensils Organization




It's MLK weekend and grad school hasn't started up yet, so I found a little time to do some crafting for my classroom.  I am focused on reducing the clutter in my small group teaching area!  It's been a mess!

I've been using random cups to keep my writing utensils in, but I wanted something a little cuter.  I found some pencil caddies on the Internet and in some stores, but didn't like the selection and they were too expensive for me.

So I thought about jazzing up some veggie cans with just some spray paint, scrapbook paper and mod podge. 


It's pretty easy & quick! 





First pick out your color combo of spray paint and paper! Then, spray paint the washed and dried cans & let dry.











Next, cut the scrap book paper. I cut mine to be 2.5 inches wide and the length of the paper (10 inches). 






I also printed out the labels on the computer on scrapbook paper (.5 inches by 10 inches), cut and glued it to the fatter label.   Tip: Put the text in a text box, to see the lines & cut straight.





Then, glue the label on the can with rubber cement. I put the label around the part of the can with ridges. 

Last, you can Mod Podge it, if you want the texture to be a bit different than paper.  I'm really happy how these turned out. I made 6 of them: pens, pencils, dry erase markers, highlighters, red pencils, & markers.




No comments:

Post a Comment