Monday, June 4, 2012

End of Year Reading Gift



I don't know about you, but I'm always trying to come up with an end of year gift that my kids will love and somehow will remind them throughout the summer to keep learning. This year, I made these pinwheels to my kinder kids.

The label says, "Keep your brain spinning this summer! Read every day!"


I made them promise that they were going to read every day by repeating, "I promise that I will read every day. I know that I'm a good reader and am smart!"

Then we all blew on them and made them spin.  I suggested that they could keep it next to their bed and when they woke up, to blow on it and think about what book they want to read!

I found the pinwheels in a pack of 3 at Dollar Tree (steal!) and used mailing labels to print the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment